Carrot tailed leopard gecko for sale
Leopard Geckos have some of the most relaxed and calm personalities in the reptile kingdom once they are used to being handled. They’re perfect for beginners and extremely popular among long time reptile collectors alike.
- Captive Bred baby geckos – WE ONLY sell captive bred geckos for sale.
- Currently 5-15 grams / 3″-5″ in size
- Diet: currently feeding on baby crickets and calcium dusted live mealworms
- Mature size 6-7″ @ 18 Months old.
- Easy to care for, makes great reptile pet for kids and adults.
- Hardy & lives up to 30 years in captivity.
- Handles well after acclimation but NEVER pick up a gecko by the tail.
- As this is a live animal, there will be slight aesthetic variations in colors.
Leopard Gecko habitat Requirement – Don’t finish shopping without them!
- Housing: Enclosure of 20 gallon (30″ x 12″ x 13″H) up to 30 to 40 gallon (36″ x 18″ x 13″H). See our Leopard Gecko Care Sheet regarding housing more than one Leopard Gecko in a single enclosure.
- Food: Main staple diet of crickets and/or mealworms are available at most all pet stores.
- Water: Provide water 3 or 4 times a week in a large bowl – not so big that your gecko cannot easily get out of the bowl!
- Heat: Heat mat and ceramic emitter to create a thermal gradient from warm side (88 Deg. F) to cool side (72 Deg. F).
- See our Leopard Gecko Care for complete details.
When considering any leopard gecko for sale, be sure to only purchase captive bred baby leopard geckos for sale from an experienced leopard gecko breeder.
What do I feed my carrot tailed leopard gecko for sale?
It is important to learn what your new carrot tail leopard gecko will eat. Because raising a healthy leopard gecko is mostly based on what you’re feeding. Most importantly, learn and understand proper baby carrot tailed leopard gecko feeding requirements before purchasing your leopard geckos for sale. Keeping in mind that the best insects to feed are mealworms or crickets. Notwithstanding, you can also treat your pet to waxworms or super worms once a week. All insects must be first given a nutritious powdered diet for at least 12 hours before being fed to your leopard gecko.
Because leopard geckos do not require UV light it is important to use the proper calcium and vitamin D supplement. No matter what, all insects that are going to be fed to your pet leopard gecko should be dusted. AT Gecko Fire we use a combination of 3 parts to 1 Calcium to Vionate vitamin powder.
Carrot tail leopard gecko: diet
Once your new carrot tail leopard geckos for sale are purchased and arrive home, let them adjust. Because they have just taken a trip, we recommend allowing for 2-3 days before feeding. Mealworms should be provided in a shallow dish at all times. Be sure to always dust all insects with proper vitamins and minerals. Lastly, crickets can be offered daily if you want to spoil your gecko. Crickets should be fed a minimum of twice a week. Always remember, when feeding crickets, only feed as many crickets as your pet gecko can eat in 15-20 minutes.
Can you put carrot tail leopard geckos for sale together?
A male and female gecko pair can live happily together in a single tank or enclosure. … Multiple females can be kept together with a male, but multiple males should not be kept together, even with several females, since they will fight over territory. So basically do not put 2 males together, ever, and you’re good! If you considering buying 2 or more leopard geckos for sale, go with females. Unless you are a leopard gecko breeder, then prepare to be separating and breeding.
Do carrot tailed leopard geckos for sale need a heat lamp?
To mimic this, you will need to lower your tank’s temperature to 70-75°F. Your leopard gecko will, however, need a warm spot to lie on. You can do this with an infrared heat lamp (a special type of light that doesn’t affect nocturnal animals) or you can use an under tank heater.
What do carrot tail leopard geckos for sale like to do?
That is easy! They love to eat Leopard Gecko Food. Live insects are a must for your gecko as they don’t eat any plants or vegetables. The best leopard gecko food to use are mealworms or crickets. Always feed insects that you’ve dusted with vionate and calcium powder. Lastly, you can treat your pet to waxworms super worms once a week if you wish.
Do carrot tailed leopard geckos stop eating when they shed?
It is normal for a gecko to stop eating entirely or eat very little when he is shedding. Most geckos eat only once every two to four days, so it may take some time to realize that he has stopped eating. For his health, remove any leftover uneaten food from the enclosure when he is shedding.
Do leopard geckos eat their own skin?
carrot tailed leopard gecko
Not usually, but it is possible! Leopard geckos drop their tails only under extreme stress (life or death situations – as judged by the gecko). It’s a security move designed to distract predators so the fleeing leopard gecko can escape. They lose a substantial amount of fat and nutrient reserve doing so, which is why it’s only under extreme circumstances as it is also painful for the gecko to drop its tail.